Frontier Co-op Buk Organic Sesame Seeds add mild, nutty flavor and subtle crunch to a wide variety of both savory and sweet dishes or as a condiment at the table. These seeds are hulled (outer seed casing is removed) for smoother flavor. They are especially flavorful when toasted. Sesame seeds are a key ingredient of tahini (a paste made from the seeds), the spread hummus and the Turkish confection halvah. Many Middle Eastern and Asian recipes include whole sesame seeds for flavor and texture.
Product Features :
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Botanicalname: Sesamum indicum L.
- Plantpart: Seed
- Flavor_profile: Crunchy with a slightly oily feel when chewing
- Form: Whole
• Traditional nutlike flavor for savory and sweet recipes
• Hulled seeds for smoother flavor
• Ideal as ingredient in tahini, hummus and halvahIngredients :
Organic Sesame Seed.Suggested Uses :
These tiny, oval, flat seeds add nutlike flavor to Middle Eastern and Asian cooking (including traditional tahini, hummus and halvah recipes), and are often folded into bread or cookie batter and sprinkled over cakes and breads.