Frontier Co-op Bulk Hibiscus Flowers are hand-picked and sun-dried for natural red-orange color and fruity flavor. The tropical plant is used to make a healthful tea, as an ingedient in cosmetics and as a natural dye. The beautiful, deep red , purplish hued dried flowers lend an attractive red color to teas which have it as an ingredient.
Product Features :
- Origin: Burkina Faso/Egypt
- Botanicalname: Hibiscus sabdariffa L.
- Plantpart: Flower
- Flavor_profile: Fruity, flowery and somewhat tart with cranberry-like notes
- Form: Cut & Sifted
- Packaging: Bottle w/disc cap
• Common names include rose mallow and roselle
• In Mexico, hibiscus makes a chilled tea known as Agua de Jamaica which features plenty of sugar to balance natural tartness
• Often intercropped with peanuts, so people with nut allergies should avoid this productDirections :
To prepare as a tea, pour 8 oz. boiling water over 1 tsp. of herb. Cover and steep 3-5 minutes, strain and serve immediately.
Safety Guideline: May contain peanuts or shell fragments. Hibiscus may be intercropped with peanuts.