Frontier Co-op Bulk Organic Black Sesame Seeds add nutty flavor and crunch to a wide variety of both savory and sweet dishes. It can also be used at the table as a condiment. Black sesame seeds are unhulled (outer seed casing is intact) making them stronger flavored and crunchier than hulled sesame seeds. Because of their color, black sesame seeds are also used to enhance the appearance of dishes such as stir-fries as well as flavor them and are great for encrusting fish and chicken. They are commonly used in many world cuisines, especially Middle Eastern and Asian.
Product Features :
- Origin: India
- Botanicalname: Sesamum indicum
- Plantpart: Seed
- Flavor_profile: Crunchy with a slightly oily feel and an earthy note, subtly bitter ending
- Form: Whole
- Packaging: Bottle w/disc cap
• Unhulled black sesame seeds provide additional flavor, texture and color to dishes.
• Ideal for toasting.
• Mixed with white (hulled) sesame seeds for to add visual appeal to dishes topped or encrusted with sesame seed.Ingredients :
Organic Black Sesame Seed.Suggested Uses :
These tiny, oval, flat seeds add nutlike flavor to savory and sweet dishes. The unhulled black seeds are often used for color as well — either in place of or mixed with the white, hulled seeds.