Wintergreen (Gaultheria fragrantissima) essential oil has an easily recognized, sweet, mint-like aroma. It is a fantastic oil for massage blends and diffusions.
Aura Cacia Wintergreen Essential Oil typically comes from the foothills of Nepal. It grows to about 8 feet in height at high altitudes. It’s generally found in mixed forests as an understory shrub. The young tips from which the oil is distilled are harvested annually over several months.
The North American species is a short plant that’s extremely difficult to harvest in large quantities. This led to a search for more productive species and, by the late 1990s, two other species were produced in China and Nepal. These species are robust, easily harvested shrubs that regrow in time for the next season's harvest.
(Please note: Care is advised when using wintergreen essential oil. It is toxic when taken internally, and should always be stored in a safe place where children cannot reach it.)
Product Features :
- Origin: Nepal
- Botanicalname: Gaultheria fragrantissima
- Packaging: Bottle w/disc cap
- Form: Essential Oil
- Benefit: Invigorating, Refreshing
- Not Tested on Animals
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- Paraben & Petroleum Free
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Wintergreen essential oil has a light, minty aroma. It blends well with many essential oils, including German chamomile, lavender, clove bud, rosemary, sweet orange, frankincense, pine and peppermint.
- Wintergreen’s warming, soothing properties make it very effective in massage and body oils.
- Combined with pine and citrus oils, wintergreen makes a perfect winter or holiday time diffusion.
- Wintergreen essential oil is generally considered a top or middle note.
There are so many ways to use essential oils! The above suggested uses are just an introduction to a wide variety of quick tips and recipes available at auracacia.com. Because essential oils are highly concentrated, we recommend diluting them in a carrier product like skin care oil, water, unscented lotion, or unscented liquid soap. Follow this guide for safe, effective use. Suggested Uses :
Quick Tip Diffuse 18 drops for a minty aroma.
Recipe Lavender Wintergreen Shoe Spray
3 drops Aura Cacia Wintergreen Essential Oil
3 drops Aura Cacia Tea Tree Essential Oil
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp water
2-ounce Aura Cacia Amber Mist Bottle
Combine in mist bottle. Shake and spray into shoes. Safety Instructions :
CAUTION: IF PREGNANT, NURSING, SUFFERING FROM ANY MEDICAL CONDITION, OR TAKING MEDICATION, CONSULT A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE USE. DILUTE PROPERLY. MAY IRRITATE SKIN. NOT FOR INTERNAL USE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CONTAINS METHYL SALICYLATE.